Change to Public Health Directions to support businesses
(AS AT 20 FEBRUARY 2021)
(information will be updated as it becomes available)
The ACT Chief Health Officer Dr Kerryn Coleman announced a new set of COVID normal restrictions under Canberra’s recovery plan taking effect at 9am on Saturday 20 February 2021.
It is likely that these incoming restrictions will remain unchanged for the next few months, subject to the COVID-19 situation remaining stable and will support the new COVID normal for the ACT.
What is changing
Occupancy Levels – there will be two options
· Option 1: 25 people (excluding staff) across the whole venue.
· Option 2: One person per two square metres of usable space in each indoor and outdoor space (excluding staff).
The Check In CBR app is free, secure and convenient and enables ACT Health to quickly access patron information to quickly alert people who may have been in contact with a person with COVID-19 if required.
Check In CBR app is free, easy and secure to implement and importantly, provides the ability to quickly and accurately contact trace should there be a new reported case or outbreak in the ACT.
Mandating the Check In CBR app provides assurances to support this level of easing of restrictions throughout the ACT, and enables the move to a COVID-normal for our community and business.
· Signage – All places of worship must clearly display their occupancy allowance at the entrance.
o Updated signage is available here.
· COVID Safety Plan – You must continue to follow your COVID Safety Plan. It is important that COVID Safety Plans are reviewed and updated regularly, to reflect changes in restrictions and/or your business.
Note: COVID-19 safety plans must be available for inspection by an authorised officer – it is strongly recommended all venues keep them readily accessible at their sites.
· Further information is available on the ACT Government’s website https://www.covid19.act.gov.au.
· The updated Public Health Direction can be found – https://www.covid19.act.gov.au/what-you-can-do/act-public-health-directions.
· The Access Canberra Business Liaison Team is available to answer questions or provide advice. Reach the team on (02) 6205 0900.
Your ongoing cooperation and proactive compliance with the Public Health Direction is greatly appreciated as we work to support our community’s safety and Canberra’s recovery from COVID-19.
Updated 20 February 2021