ACC Kids NSW exists to champion kids’ ministries across our state. The goal is to connect Kids Pastors, leaders and volunteers across all areas of NSW, so that they and their kids’ ministries, can be strengthened through empowering relationships, shared ideas and resources, and training opportunities. Throughout the year there will be training events, networking opportunities and access to resources in regional locations as well as on a state and national level. Together we will reach, teach and do our part to raise children into strong disciples of Jesus who feel empowered to pursue God’s purpose for their life.
Curriculum ACC NSW approves for use are as follows:
- CEP Connect
- CEP High School Curriculum
- Generate Ministries High School Curriculum
All ACC NSW SRE teachers must be Authorised by ACC NSW. To be authorised SRE Teachers must complete an application form and:
- Have a current WWCC (Working With Children Check).
- Complete Safer Churches training and update this every three years.
- Complete SRE training before commencing any teaching.
- Complete SRE refresher course every three years. This must cover: Department of Education Policy and Implementation Procedures, Classroom Management and Techniques, Creative Teaching and Learning, and Duty of Care. NB. ACC NSW recognises training that covers the Basic Training Framework as outlined by ICCOREIS (http://www.iccoreis.asn.au/teaching-sre/training/) NB. Paid SRE teachers require a certificate in SRE unless RPL is granted.
- Use an ACC NSW approved SRE curriculum as outlined below. These curriculums are generally approved for use in Combined Arrangements (ie joint-denominational SRE).
- In combined arrangements (ie teaching joint-denominational SRE), provide the school with a list of the names and contact details of local representatives and teachers BEFORE commencement of SRE using a cross-authorisation form.
- Provide schools with their Date of Birth, schools will check each SRE teacher against the Department’s NTBE (not to be employed) database.
- When in school grounds, wear the name badge provided by ACC NSW SRE. If name badge is lost, application can be made for a replacement badge for a small fee.
- Provide photo identification as requested by the school.
- Under 18 year old young people who assist in SRE must complete an Under 18 Years authorisation form which includes a signature from a relevant Department of Education employee at the school they are seeking to be involved in SRE.
For more information in regards to Department of Education policy and procedures, Training and Curriculum, follow the links below:
Religious Education Procedures
Department of Education code of conduct (SRE teachers should be aware of its content and work to abide by it)
Bullying/Preventing and Responding
Department of Education & Training (audiovisual materials)
For training contact Barbara Scott: email@example.com
SRE Teacher Training (Paid & Volunteer)
‘Teaching Christian Faith in the Classroom‘ (TCFC) Certificate level course for PAID SRE teachers.
Volunteer SRE teacher training online.