For every child to have the opportunity to question, explore and discover the Christian faith for themselves.
We count the opportunity to teach SRE (formerly known as Scripture) to students in NSW Government Schools as an enormous privilege.
Our SRE Teachers
SRE teachers attending an ACC church must be Authorised by ACC NSW. To be authorised complete an application form (see below) and:
- Be endorsed by your pastor. Use the reference below.
- Have a current WWCC (Working With Children Check), which will be verified by ACCNSW – https://www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au/child-safe-organisations/working-with-children-check
- Complete Safer Churches (Child Protection) training, update this every three years. https://www.openlearning.com/courses/acc-safer-churches-induction/?cl=1
- Complete “Essentials SRE Teacher Training” Register below.
- Participate in no less than two hours of ongoing training during each year.
- Participate in NSWACC mentoring program which includes a Personal Reflection twice yearly and having a lesson observed as required.
- Complete an ACC SRE refresher course every three years. This will cover: child protection, mandatory reporting and classroom management issues.
- Teach from an ACC NSW approved SRE curriculum as outlined below.
- Provide schools with their Date of Birth. Schools will check each SRE teacher against the Department’s NTBE (not to be employed) database.
- When in school grounds, wear the name badge provided by ACC NSW SRE and provide photo identification as requested by the school.
Our SRE Teacher Training
ACC runs Essentials SRE Teacher Training via zoom, contact: email@example.com
Before commencing any other training please confirm the training is approved by ACC. Please note, ACC does not accept any online SRE teacher training.
We approve the following curriculums for use in SRE classes. Follow the links below to the scope and sequence charts. These curriculums are reviewed every five years. (Years ending with 0 and 5.)
To use any other curriculum or further information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information in regards to Department of Education Policy and Procedures, Training and Curriculum, follow the links below:
Religious Education Procedures
Department of Education code of conduct
Bullying/Preventing and Responding
Department of Education & Training (audiovisual materials)
Department of Education Social Media Policy