For every student in NSW Government Schools to be given the opportunity to question, explore and discover the Christian Faith for themselves.
Our SRE Teachers
SRE teachers attending an ACC church must be authorised by ACC NSW.
How to apply
- Complete our online application.
- Ask your pastor to complete this endorsement form and upload it with your application.
- Apply for a current Working With Children Check (WWCC)
- Complete Safer Churches (Child Protection) training and upload your certificate with your application.
- Register for “Essentials SRE Teacher Training” by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org This is the only training accepted by ACC. Upload your certificate with your application.
Once you have been approved to teach SRE, you need to maintain this by:
- Participating in ongoing training for at least two hours each year.
- Participating in ACC NSW’s mentoring program which includes a Personal Reflection twice yearly and having a lesson observed as required.
- Completing an ACC NSW refresher course every three years. This will cover: child protection, mandatory reporting and classroom management.
- Completing Safer Churches (Child Protection) every three years.
- Teaching only from an ACC NSW approved SRE curriculum as outlined below.
You will also need to provide the school in which you intend to teach with your Date of Birth. The school will use this to check each SRE teacher against the Department of Education’s NTBE (not to be employed) database.
When in school grounds, wear the name badge provided by ACC NSW SRE and provide photo identification as requested by the school.
We approve the following curriculums for use in SRE classes. Follow the links below to the scope and sequence charts. These curriculums are reviewed every five years. (Years ending with 0 and 5.)
To use any other curriculum or further information contact: email@example.com
For more information in regards to Department of Education Policy and Procedures, Training and Curriculum, follow the links below:
Religious Education Procedures
Department of Education Code of Conduct (Paid SRE Teachers)
Volunteer Code of Conduct (Volunteer SRE Teachers)
Bullying/Preventing and Responding
Department of Education & Training (audiovisual materials)
Department of Education Social Media Policy